Please help refugees
26 September 2015
This is your chance to help families - people just like us - who have been forced to flee their homes and livelihoods and make terrifying, gruelling journeys in search of safety. Imagine what it must feel like to turn your back on everything you know, watch your children endure prolonged hardship, and have no idea what the future holds.
We are coordinating collection of Refugee Emergency Packs to be shipped to Kos where there are 1000s of refugees arriving on boats. If we get enough to cover Kos’s needs they will be re-routed else-where. Local Uncovered and It’s members are working with Belinda Aspinall of www.lifeafterlondon.co.uk who is working with a contact in Kos from Kos Kindness.
If you'd like to donate a pack please see below for what is required. Each pack needs to be complete in a plastic bag & tied up loosely in a knot marked Male, Female or Child. We have had word that Male packs are most short in supply :
1. Female Pack - baby wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, sanitary towels (perhaps 5 out of a box), small hair shampoo, soap, flannel/sponge
2. Male Pack - razor, small shaving foam, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, flannel/sponge
3. Children's Pack - Children's toothpaste, Toothbrush, Flannel, Baby wipes, Small toy if possible
Drop off points are as follows by 12th October:
1. Clementine's Shop, Lower Lawn Barns, Fonthill Gifford, Tisbury, SP3 6SG
2. Mimo, The Old Ropeworks, Kennet Place, Marlborough, SN8 1NG
3. Sticks & Stones, 3 Nurse Barn, Woodborough Garden Centre, Woodborough, SN9 5PF
4. The Three Tuns Great Bedwyn, 1 High Street, SN8 3NU
5. Gastro Nicks, Unit 4, Gardlands Estate, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3EB
6. Overtown Manor B&B and Meeting Venue, Overtown Hill, Wroughton, SN4 0SH
If you want to organise your own collection point please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd rather donate money there are two Wiltshire locals doing a night walk across Salisbury plain on Saturday 26th September to raise money for two refugee charities. Their page can be found on www.fundrazr.com/campaigns/212hR4/
Thank you for your support!