Small Business Saturday is a national initiative to promote small businesses across the UK and encourage the public to spend locally. This year, it is on Saturday 3rd December.
Supporting small businesses is crucial for the local economy, so Local Uncovered and Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership are offering a free prize draw to get people spending with small businesses in the run up to Christmas.
The Prize Draw is available at participating businesses. If you spend at participating businesses in the Pewsey Vale and surrounds between Saturday 19th November and Saturday 3rd December, you can enter the draw. During the fortnight every time you buy from one of the participating businesses you can enter to win.
The prizes are:
A two course meal for 4 people including a bottle of house wine at The Three Tuns, Great Bedwyn
A limited edition print from the McNeill Gallery in Pewsey
A £50 voucher when you spend £100 or more on a Digger & Mojo item at either their Pewsey workshop or Woodborough shop
A luxury hamper from Marr Green Farm Shop in Burbage
Full terms & conditions of the prize draw are here.
Just look out for the Small Business Saturday posters at any business taking part, or see the list below of the latest businesses to sign-up.
- Local Uncovered pop-up shop - 5 Swan Yard, Devizes, SN10 1AT - open Monday 28th November to Saturday 10th December
(featuring Fioriblu, Diggger & Mojo, Simply Bluebell, Little Dan Designs, Dragonfly & Blossom)
- The Three Tuns, Great Bedwyn - 1 High Street, Great Bedwyn, SN8 3NU
- Digger & Mojo - Unit 9, Salisbury Road Business Park, SN9 5PZ
- Gastro Nicks - shop online or visit them at Unit 4, Garlands Estate, Cadley Road, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3EB
- The Swan - Long Street, Enford, Pewsey, SN9 6DD
- Pod & Pip - near Salisbury - 'Friday Flowers' - gorgeous natural & subtle arrangements delivered in time for the weekend. Order online.
- Simply Bluebell - Great Wishford - Shop their lovely range of greeting cards by rural artists online
- Sticks and Stones - Unit 3, Nursery Farm, Woodborough Garden Centre, Pewsey, SN9 5PF
- Fioriblu - Avebury - shop their fabulous range of leather handbags, belts, wallets & gloves online
- Little Dan Designs - Malmesbury - fabric inspired handmade home accessories - shop online
- Wiltshire Timbercrafts - Whitley - handcrafted furniture
- Wagon Yard Artists - Unit M, Wagon Yard, London Road, Marlborough, SN8 1LH - Chirstmas Fair - Friday 2nd December 6.00pm-9.00pm, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December - all day
- Marr Green Farm shop - Collingbourne Road, Burbage, SN8 3RT
- McNeill Gallery - Market Place, Pewsey, SN9 5AA
- China Rose - 7a, High Street, Pewsey, SN9 5AF
- Applecart Cafe - 14 High Street, Pewsey
- Ambience Interiors - 1 Market Place, Pewsey, SN9 5AA
- My Flower Patch - beautiful Wiltshire grown flowers - 2 Alexander Fields, Upavon, Pewsey, SN9 6NB
- Woodborough Garden Centre - Nursery Farm, Pewsey, SN9 5PF
- Pewsey Gallery - 16 High Street, Pewsey, SN9 5AQ
- Caterchem - providing cleaning products to businesses
- Around the World - 29 North Street, Pewsey, SN9 5ES
- The Bruce's Arms - Easton Road, Easton Royal, Pewsey, SN9 5LR
- Indigo Antiques - Dairy Barn, Manningford Bruce, Pewsey, SN9 6JW
- Sui Generis Gym - Unit C, Nursery Farm, Woodborough, Pewsey, SN9 5PF
- Ridgeway Press - Breach House, Easton Royal, Pewsey, SN9 5LU
- Market Magazine - 5 The Laurels, Honeystreet, Pewsey, SN9 5PX
- P R Elletson - Framers - North Street, Pewsey, SN9 5HE
- The Seven Stars Inn - Bottlesford, SN9 6LW
- Crystal Clear - 8 High Street, Pewsey, SN9 5AQ
- Thirty8 - 8 Hughenden Yard, Marlborough, SN78 1LT
- Movida Zumba - Studio Movida, Elcot Lane, Marlborough, Milton Village Hall & East Grafton Hall
- PHS Fishmongers - 11 High Street, Pewsey SN9 5AF
- S J Hussey Opticians - 2 Old Ford Court, High Street, Pewsey, SN9 5AQ
- Beauty Fulltime - 36 High Street, Marlborough, Sn8 1LW
- Comfy Critters - 8 Nursery Farm, Woodborough, SN8 5PF
- Styling by Em - independent personal stylist - gift vouchers available for Christmas - Marlborough
Why get involved if you are a small business?
- The more businesses that get involved in the campaign, the greater the overall impact and the more people will take notice of it
- By getting involved in a national campaign, it helps promote the area to those outside the locality
If you are a small business all you have to do is:
- Sign up to Small Business Saturday
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have signed up
- We will provide you with vouchers in readiness for 19th November and other marketing information
- From 19th November to 3rd December when a customer spends with you offer them a voucher to complete
- We will provide you with a drop off point for vouchers and amalgamate and select the winner.
The number of vouchers is limited so register early to avoid disappointment!