Home > Blog > Festive Carols
29 November 2017
t’s really getting festive so we thought we’d ask around for people’s favourite carol singing & concerts happening around the county. Nothing gets you in the spirit quite like a good old sing song!
1. If you’re looking for a spectacular venue then head to Salisbury Cathedral for BBC Wiltshire carol service on Saturday 16th December at 5.00pm to 6.30pm or the Carols by Candlelight on 22nd & 23rd December at 7.00pm.
2. The popular Imber Festival of Carols at the deserted village of Imber on Salisbury Plain at 2.30pm on Saturday 23rd December. Places are limited to 250 so get your tickets early.
3. Enjoy carols in the beautiful surrounding of Malmesbury Abbey – the Youth Action Wiltshire Carol Service is on Friday 8th December at 7.00pm or ‘Nine lessons & carols by candlelight’ on Sunday 17th December at 6.30pm.
4. Set in the stunning Marlborough College Chapel is a Christmas Carol Concert in aid of Hopes and Homes for Children. A great way to kick off the holiday – Saturday 16th December 4.00pm – 01672 562777 for tickets. Performers include the Great Bedwyn Millennium Choir, Blue Belles, Luana Godwin and Fiona MacArthur.
5. For a magical Christmas evening head to the Christmas Concert at St John's Church, Devizes on 16th December at 7.00pm. Raising money for Dorothy House it's a real mix of music and has something for everyone. Or for something more casual head down to The Southgate Inn on 18th December from 8.00pm for beers & carols.
The Devizes Town band also plays carols in the Market Place on 2nd December from 10.00am to 1.00pm and at the Mayor's Carol Concert in the Corn Exchange on 6th December at 7.00pm. Both get you in the festive spirit.
6. If in Box there's an evening of carols, poems and fun readings called 'Celebration' at the Methodist Church in Box on Saturday 9th December at 7.30pm. There'll be a retiring collection for Wiltshire Sight.
7. If you're near Tisbury this free event at Messums Wiltshire sounds wonderful. On Friday 22nd December at 6.30pm leading sound artist John Del’ Nero and composer Orlando Gough are creating a soundscape about the history of Tisbury and the 13th century barn using sounds they have recorded locally.
The piece will include speech and song along with natural and mechanical sound. Take part in a unique social and interactive event for all the family - The bar will be open for mulled wine, warm drinks and mince pies and there are carols by Tisbury Community Choir.
8. A visit to the beautiful stones of Avebury could be followed by a concert by Avebury Vocal Ensemble at St James on Sunday 10th December.
9. Join the Seend Singers at Cleeve House, Seend for Christmas Carols on Monday 11th December at 7.30pm in aid of Wiltshire Young Carers.
10. On Saturday 16th December the Rotary Club Concert is on at St Andrew's Church, Chippenham. Featuring the Colerne Military Wiltshire Wives Choir and the Wiltshire Police Band and hosted by Amanda Parr from BBC Points West. Tickets £10.
11. Pop into Pewsey Fire Station on Saturday 9th December for carols from 5.30pm to 7.00pm
12. The Military Wives Choir from Tidworth, Upavon and Warminster perform 'Home for Christmas' as part of their UK tour at St Michael's Church Tidworth on December 16th at 7.30pm
13. The George & Dragon in Rowde are holding Christmas Carols on Sunday 17th December at 4.30pm
14. The Christmas Tree Festival Concert is full of carols at the Holy Trinity Church in Bradford on Avon at 7.30pm on Friday 8th December or head to St Margaret's Hall on 17th December at 6.00pm
15. In aid of Julia's House is the German Christmas Carol Evening on Wednesday 13th December, 7.00pm to 9.00pm at Southwick Village Hall.
Got some more suggestions? Contact us on Twitter or Facebook or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add them in.
Required fields are marked *
Local Uncovered Blog
Salisbury Shop local Shopping Marlborough Devizes Children Summer Flowers Swindon Salisbury Plain Christmas Courses Pewsey Marlborough College Summer School Shop Great Bedwyn Food Gifts London Wagon Yard Artists Avebury Gift Gift idea Chippenham walks Wiltshire Coffee Tisbury Christmas Shopping Local
Keep in touch:
Know some local businesses or events not listed?Tweet us @localuncovwilts or send us an email
© 2014 Local uncovered